Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Cookies

I went to Kamakura to catch up with Kyoko and Tsuneko, my Japanese book club ladies. From our house to the JR train station is a 30-minute hike in flip-flops, my footwear of choice now that I've worn through the soles of my brown flats.

Arriving at the station 10 minutes ahead of my train, I popped into the convenience store in search of a little towel to mop the sweat from my brow. These little towels are de rigeur in this part of the world. (Before he deployed Mike graciously posed with his One Piece towel to illustrate this point.)

I not only found a towel but, even better, spotted the tiny burger cookies Bridget let me sample two years ago. Although I had searched high and low for my own supply of these cookies, I had always come up empty-handed.



The teaspoon was Matt's idea to help you grasp the size of the cookies. The filling is bourbon-flavored caramel.

The faux sesame seeds are a nice touch.

2 comments:

  1. I don't recall posing for that picture, or giving permission for public release. And I don't recall you ever sharing any of those burger cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I believe you said "I'd better never see that picture on your blog" but I never take you seriously and it was the only towel illustration I could find.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails