Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Anpanman Museum Reprised

The USS Nimitz, an aircraft carrier based in San Diego, arrived in Yokosuka the day before yesterday. This is the first time many of those young sailors have set foot in a foreign country. Three of them entered the train station just as Jen F, Amanda, and I were heading to the Anpanman Museum in Yokohama yesterday morning. The slightly baffled looks on their faces appealed to our maternal instincts, although in my case the instinct is probably just as much buttinski as maternal.

They were in search of Tokyo where they hoped to take pictures of the Imperial Palace. We got them as far as Yokohama, told them where to get off (that was fun to write), showed them how to check their progress on the route diagram above the door of the train car, and insisted they also visit Asakusa for a good temple experience. I hope they had a wonderful day. I certainly did.



Jen O (as opposed to Jen F, and you haven't even met Jen R yet) had alerted me to the availability of plastic popcorn containers like the one the tyke above is wearing around his neck. He's wearing the Baikenman model but I selected the Anpanman version for Matt and had it filled with caramel corn. Once Matt polishes off the contents, I'll re-appropriate the container, plant it next to my kitchen sink, and toss coffee grounds into it. Because when I'm not busy bagging ice cubes these days, I'm amassing coffee grounds for my garden. That would be the garden I plan to start when Mike is home long enough to ride shotgun to the plant store. I'm still not brave enough to drive solo out in town.

Coffee grounds can also be used in place of baking soda to rid your refrigerator of odors. I read it on the internet so it must be true.

1 comment:

  1. I have the anpanman container as well. Diane got it also when we last visited that wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails