Monday, April 4, 2011

Totem Poles and Dolls

A group of us, let's call us the "Radiation Rebels" until we come up with a better label, will set off for Tokyo in search of cherry blossoms the day after tomorrow. I've already warned my running buddies that I intend to drag them to the National Art Center in Roppongi to check out the Sogenkai exhibit featuring the works of amateur artists from all across Japan. My Shonan friend Takako-san belongs to this group.

Takako treated me to a sneak preview of this year's exhibit Saturday and then we had lunch at the fanciest restaurant I've been to in years. Here are two of the paintings that captured my imagination.


I love this artist's sense of humor. The center totem pole features iconic Japanese characters.


I'm still pondering the significance of those star and cross necklaces. Any ideas?

2 comments:

  1. Any photos of that fancy restaurant? Or the food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. Didn't want to get your hopes up. Too pricey for the likes of us commoners.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails