Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Art Imitates Art

My team raised over $700 for the Relay for Life this morning. We did this by cleaning out our closets and auctioning off our superfluous possessions to each other. Fearless and I tossed in a couple of those obis and kimono we've been sorting through, Jessica kicked in several adorable hand-knit baby hats, and Lynette whipped up a batch of tamales.

As is usually the case, I came home with more than I donated but most are earmarked as Christmas gifts and it was for a good cause. Plus, I managed to locate the box of fall decorations while I was cleaning out that closet. Life is good, and so were those tamales.


I did not bring home this statue (above) of a lion cub but only because it wasn't on offer today. I spotted this little guy at Kencho-ji in Kamakura last week. Is it just me, or does he bear an uncanny resemblance to a Maurice Sendak illustration?

I wonder how that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails