Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A New Tradition for the Japanese Book Club

The Japanese Book Club settled into a routine years before I met them: a two-hour book discussion followed by salads at the Officers' Club. But the Officers' Club and the other clubs on our base were all shut down for several weeks following the March 11 earthquake/tsunami so I took them to Chili's instead.

We haven't been back to the Officers' Club since they tasted their first fajita and molten chocolate cake.

Today we talked about Emma Donoghue's latest book, Room, and decided to read 22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson for December. I hope they like it more than I did.

Tomorrow Matsuzaki-san is taking Fearless and me to a kabuki performance in Yokohama. I think I'd better do a little research before I call it a night or I won't understand a thing that's happening on that stage tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails