Sunday, February 13, 2011

Something New to Chew On

Inoyuke-san recently presented me with this delightful cardboard box. We haven't known each other very long but she has already figured out that I have a soft spot for Peko-chan.

She told me to put the box in my refrigerator. She left the premises about 45 seconds later at which point I made a beeline for the the kitchen and rescued that box. Deferred gratification is highly over-rated.

Oh, how cute! I mean, Oh, how kawaii! It's a half dozen little cakes in the shape of Peko-chan's face. What's the significance of the different colored bows? Probably they signify the flavor of each filling. If anything will motivate me to learn to read Japanese, it will definitely be something like this.

Eeuuww. Peko-chan isn't quite as cute in flour and sugar as she is in plastic, is she? In fact, she bears a strong resemblance to that horror movie kid, Chuckie. That's probably for the best. I feel less like a cannibal this way.

The brown bow did not signify chocolate. I really need to learn to read Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails