Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wrapping up the Quilt Show

And then there's 3D quilting.

A Christmas tree near the center of the exhibit hall was decorated with quilted moose ornaments like this one:


A half dozen women clustered around a quilt that seemed to depict an aerial view of traditional Japanese umbrellas. None of us could figure out how the quilter achieved what I can't help but refer to as "the nipple effect".

A small portion of exhibit space is devoted to quilted bags and clothing. A part of me says this is so much more fun than a bed cover that only a few people will ever see, but another part of me says that my children will have me committed if I start waltzing around in patchwork skirts. Then the first part reminds me that we live in different towns and they might never find out.


The dress on the left almost makes me want to go to another Navy Ball


Once I master circles -- and I've already invested in a compass -- a pattern like the one above will make good use of my random fabric stash.

A girl can always dream.

2 comments:

  1. Wonder Under, my dear! With a good fusible you can make ANY block your heart desires...any shapes whatsoever. The only limit is your ability to cut!! 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, well, that's a major limitation in my case.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails