Thursday, March 4, 2010

Conversations in Nippon, Ichi (One)

- What does it taste like?
Crunch, crunch, crunch.
- I'm not sure. Definitely not chocolate-covered brown sugar. Maybe mocha? I don't much care for mocha.
- That's fairly obvious from the look on your face.

Closeup of clock face. Fast-forward three hours.

- Say, Reiko, have you seen this new flavor of mushroom-shaped cookies? Mocha, I think.
Soft chuckle.
- No, it is soy powder with syrup of brown sugar.
- Eeuw. Who knew it was possible to ruin brown sugar?
- Perhaps you would prefer the bamboo-shaped cookies in the green tea flavor.
- Under my fingernails perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. Both sound yummy. Would be happy to try if you want to send a care package to your favorite sailor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, I started reading in chronological order and realize I posted prematurely about the soy flavor...sorry we were both sort of right! I have learned to be skeptical when buying Japanese foods, and that photos are not what they appear to be! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails