Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Charming Season


Four more of these flea market spools and this might actually look less like a triangle and more like a tree. Mike suggested wrapping ribbon around the spools. The washi paper was my idea two hours and three spools later.
Although I am not known for farsightedness, the cranberry and gold ribbons complement our living room "decor" so now I can display my cell phone charms year round.
If I am feeling especially ambitious, I might even change the washi paper every now and then to reflect the passing seasons. (That "if" is meant to be taken as much, much bigger than your run-of-the-mill big if.)
Next I'm going to try to poke a needle through an inch of rubber 20 times to make ornaments for an Anpanman tree. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those spools!!!
    geraldine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! it is awesome! I may steal the idea but don't think I have as many phone charms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geraldine, I'm going to try to pick up more of those spools at the shrine sale this month.

    Kathleen, I stole the idea from Gemma Benson. Let me know if I can help plump up your charm collection. You still have a $10 credit from your bowl overpayment.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails