Monday, November 9, 2009

Ble Dore: Bread Heaven

Longtime readers will remember Ble Dore, the bakery/restaurant near Hayama featuring fresh-from-the-oven bread and rolls in the world's most charming format: all a person can eat in 90 minutes.





Jen F had never been to Ble Dore. Jen O and I remedied that unconscionable situation today. We gorged on cinnamon bread, croissants, rolls topped with pumpkin seeds, rolls stuffed with cheese, raisin bread, rolls filled with two different kinds of curry, and flaky apple pastries. We ate so much bread I was too full to buy anything in the bakery on our way out the door. Imagine that.
Merely listing what we ate - and I omitted the soup and salads - has me feeling a bit nauseous 12 hours later.

The Jens posed for the benefit of their Stateside friends who've been clamoring for a glimpse of how fashionable junior officer spouses are wearing their hair this season. Tres chic, n'est-ce pas?

4 comments:

  1. I don't seem to remember any all you can eat bakery from my visit to Japan. I will be putting it on my must see list for our next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. Obviously this comment was not made by Amy or Cathy . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I did not identify myself when I posted the comment. You are not the only member of the family who enjoys a bakery or any type of donut shop for that matter. I'm also not sure I care for that Jane Austen quote about brothers that I just noticed in your favorite quotes section. Dave.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails