Friday, May 20, 2011

Scratch Your Head While I Scratch Mine

My computer developed a mind of its own while the Ancient Mariner and I were exploring Osaka. Before we left Yokosuka I expended a lot of time and a bit of mental effort in catching up on posts that were supposed to appear as if by magic while we were away. Alas, that did not happen and some of those thoughts are now floating around in the ether, perhaps for eternity. So much for my resolve to post daily in May.

While I try to figure out what went wrong and try to get caught up on what's been going on in the past week, you can look at some of the more arresting sights of Osaka.
The Statue of Liberty sans flame outside a Namba pachinko parlor greeted us whenever we left our hotel. What does the absence of the flame signify I wondered.


Although you can't see the dozens of customers lined up patiently outside the Krispy Kreme shop, the picture above will give you an idea of the sheer volume of people out shopping on a sunny Saturday afternoon.

This made me think I really need to update my wardrobe

Apple products are as popular here as they are back home

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails