Tuesday, May 31, 2011

One of Us Had a Semi-Productive Day

It was a coin's toss whether the USS Blue Ridge would make it back to Yokosuka today, but the Ancient Mariner finally stumbled through the door shortly before 10:00 pm. Pip can't remember the last time Dad's stayed up past his bedtime. This would be Dad's bedtime, not Pip's.

While waiting for my ship to come in, I made some progress on those pesky quilt blocks.

Batting and backing were attached to the Woven Ribbons block, and some actual quilting attempted.  I cut the backing extra large in hopes of using the excess to bind the block to avoid a trip into town for bias tape.

Mount Fuji has been appliqued over the moon which I see is not centered properly.  I still have to add batting and backing and figure out how to bind this block but first I have to find my seam ripper thingy to eradicate that awful checked border.  What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails