Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Charming Day at Shinagawa Aquarium

The Shonan ladies took us to Shinagawa Aquarium this month. Aquariums aren't really my thing -- if a renegade dolphin ever decides to leap into the audience rather than through a hoop, I am 100 percent certain he'll land on me -- but I how could I turn down a chance to spend time with my Shonan pals?

To be perfectly honest, on the days leading up to this event I was so caught up with thoughts of renegade dolphins and shark tanks exploding in my face that I never stopped to think about what else I would encounter at a Japanese aquarium:  Japanese schoolchildren.
 
The yellow backpack kids nabbed the center seats.
The pink hat kids had to settle for the side sections.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas.

Scuba Santa feeds big flat fish while I pretend the kids and I are watching a cartoon.

Charms are not just for cell phones

A pink backpack charm on a yellow backpack - how charming!

Shinagawa Aquarium is an easy train ride from Yokosuka.  We took an express train to Keikyu Kamata then rode a local train until the fourth stop.  The aquarium is located in a lovely park two blocks from the station.  The park merits further exploration but I think I'll wait until the spring for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails