Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In Search of Wisteria

It's Greenery Day, the second of three consecutive Golden Week holidays (yesterday was Constitution Day and tomorrow is Children's Day). Today half the population of Japan will be visiting parks and gardens to admire nature's gifts. Make that half the population of Japan plus a half dozen batty American women who are always in the market for a good adventure, especially one that entails being packed like an upright sardine in a train car for 90 minutes.

Our destination is Jindai Botanical Garden in Tokyo where we hope to see lots and lots of many varieties of wisteria. Or maybe we'll go to Koshigaya in Saitama Prefecture north of Tokyo to see wisteria drooping over the river. My flower guide book and two sets of train directions are in my bag. I'd tuck my knitting in there too but there's little chance I'll find space to move my wrists on a train today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails