Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Six-Word Biography Contest

One of my book clubs wants me to submit a six-word memoir and, frankly, I'm a little stressed for time this week. Mike is hosting a fleet medical thingy and they're all coming over to our house Tuesday night. Besides, brevity is not exactly one of my claims to fame.

I thought maybe you'd see fit to lend me your prodigious wit while I'm busy assembling ham bites and tearing romaine lettuce. I'll make it worth your while. (One nice thing about hosting a party is it's forcing me to mail all the previous contest prizes that are covering my dining room table.)

Here are some examples:

They said it would not last.

Stroke or colon cancer? Tough choice.

There's a vacuum around here somewhere.

Seriously introverted according to Myers Briggs.

Oldest American woman living in Japan.

You have a week. January 17 is the deadline. The clock is ticking.

10 comments:

  1. "I told you I was right!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ought to be buying beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, you are right again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I thought of two and must submit both.
    So many books, so little time.
    Five note please, I must shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Closed captioning for the hearing impaired.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She came, she saw, she read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My passions are reading and family

    JW III

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Note to self - send Deuce beer."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suzi, don't we have great brothers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails