Friday, January 1, 2010

On Posting Frequency and Ushering in the New Year

Yes, Anonymous, the Ancient Mariner has been posting more frequently of late than I. Just assume it's been too cold here for running and biking the past few days. Also assume AM did not make any rash resolutions last January 1 and, therefore, was not compelled to spend the waning days of 2009 plowing through 700+ pages of nonfiction.

But -- ta-da! -- my goal of reading 12 nonfiction books in 2009 was accomplished with a whopping three hours to spare so we donned our party togs and -- after AM re-donned his to meet my specifications that shirt, sweater, and slacks fall within reasonable proximity of each other on the color wheel -- we moseyed down the street to usher in the new year with some of his co-workers. We fielded medical questions, envied the host's electronic Yamaha piano, discussed Harry Potter, and ingested quail eggs wrapped in bacon. (WARNING: quail eggs can be mistaken for green olives in a dimly lit setting.)

While the quail egg works its way through my digestive track, I'll organize the pictures of Kate's last three days in Japan.

2 comments:

  1. And I did not make my self imposed challenge of reading the the top ten Entertainment Weekly titles for 2008. I still passed with an 80% score. On the other hand my Amazon list is full at 40! I will never match you as a voracious reader and I just have to accept that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never match you as a director, actor, or theater impressario so I'll just have to be content imagining your life through books. I read about half the books on your Entertainment Weekly list and thank you for passing that list along. I would not have known about most of those books without you as my reading guide.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails