Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh Deer: A Pictorial Essay

Next on our agenda was the Todaiji Temple and Daibutsu, Japan's largest bronze Buddha. We crossed a deer minefield to get there.

Well, hello there Bambi.

Beware of deer.  They bite, butt, kick, and knock down old ladies.

Hurry up and take the picture!  I think he's spotted me.  So much for the Ninja outfit.


I'll stand watch while you break into the vending machine.
Tip:  When crossing a deer minefield, attach yourself to the most boisterous group of small children you can find. They will distract the deer while you dash to the next group of youngsters along your route.

Domo arigato to a special toddler who ran interference for me. I hope that deer didn't hurt you too much when he knocked you over.  I swear I would have turned around to dust you off and get you back on your feet if your parents hadn't dashed over so promptly.  My children will back me up on this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails